2nd shift Skilled Screw Machine Operator New Berlin, WI
Our client in New Berlin, a global manufacturer of precision machined production parts and solutions is seeking a skilled 2nd shift Screw Machine Operator.
We are seeking skilled Screw Machine Operator for our 2nd shift team. Candidates need to be forward thinking, have a positive attitude, and a strong attention to detail.
Main responsibilities to include:
- Set up and operate Multi-Spindle Screw Machines
- Troubleshoot and remedy complex tooling and machine issues.
- Ensure machines are properly maintained. Know when and why machine is not at peak performance, how to increase performance and fix errors. Perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Operate to workmanship standards, working from prints, process routings, and/or samples to achieve, or to exceed quality and productions standards. Seek assistance if standards cannot be met.
- Inspect first pieces, using predetermined gaging instruments such as micrometers, depth micrometers, comparator, fixed gaging, and other job specific gaging instruments to maintain specified requirements.
Qualified individuals will have:
- Experience with machine setup-up in a job shop environment and ideally with cam-operated multi-spindle screw machines.
- Understands tooling application and shown competence in inserting, changing and adjusting tools.
- Strong understanding in blueprint reading, GD&T and parts inspection capabilities.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with, and effectively relate to others.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Math competency to include but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be adaptable to changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments.
- Applicable technical certificate a plus.
Upon hire of the client you will have access to the following benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, paid vacation, 401(k) with company contribution, safety reimbursement and a tool purchase program through payroll deduction, holiday pay, safety reimbursements and paid personal time off.
First Shift: Monday through Friday 6:30am – 3pm
Second Shift: Monday through Thursday 2:45pm – 1:15am.
Pay depends on experience
All skill levels are encouraged to apply.
If you can ONLY work 1st shift please apply as we may have a possible opening available.
We’re also conveniently located near the bus line. Ask for details if needed.