Big Data Developer Iowa City, IA
Saige Partners is on the hunt for an experienced Big Data Developer on a fulltime basis for one of our Clients in the Iowa City area who offers a great culture, pay and benefits and is a leader in on-board GPS enabled systems and Telematics in the transportation Industry.
Work on Big Data systems across a variety of domain applications. Design and implement the infrastructure to collect, move, transform, clean, analyze and report on Big Data.
- 3+ years working with Big Data and related tools such as Hadoop, HDFS, Oozie, Sqoop, Pig, Spark, Spark Core, and/or Spark Streaming
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python, with 3+ years work experience. R Language a plus
- Experience with SQL
- Must be a continual learner with a desire and ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Experience with relevant AWS technologies (S3, Data Pipeline, EMR, RDS, Cloud Formation, Kinesis)
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Data science methodologies (particularly CRISP-DM)
- Supervised and unsupervised learning models (decision trees, SVM, clustering, etc.)
- Model validation techniques and metrics (accuracy, precision, recall, etc.)