Continuous Improvement Engineer Cedar Falls, Iowa
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Cedar Falls, IA
Saige Partners is immediately hiring for a Full-Time Continuous Improvement Engineer in Cedar Falls, Iowa! With excellent work environment, advancement opportunity, benefits, and culture, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss! This position will be responsible for executing continuous improvement projects to reduce overall manufacturing costs throughout the facilities. This will include cycle time improvements, plant layout changes, capital equipment proposals, robotic cell layouts, fixture/jig improvements and ergonomic studies.
- Provide overall project leadership towards the continuous improvement culture of the plant.
- Participate and lead during Kaizen events to improve ability to produce high quality parts delivered on time, with a continuous improvement in the year-over-year cost basis.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and troubleshoot manufacturing problems.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of more efficient job processes that improve production efficiencies.
- Analyze and plant space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Incorporate ergonomic principles into all designs and layout of facility.
- Create ROI for Capex expenditures including timelines to implementation.
- Lead the implementation of and communicate process improvements to personnel. Track results, updates and standard hours in ERP and reports improvements to management.
- Administer and document quality improvement projects with the assistance of the Quality Manager. Propose quality improvement projects to Engineering Manager.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- 5+ years experience in continuous improvement.
- A background in CNC and Fabrication is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or ability to achieve.
- Previous experience with CNC machining, welding, plate cutting, fixtures, tooling, weld jigs, ISO Systems and CNC programming.
- Ability to leave a small project team.
- Strong problem solving, planning and organization skills.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off