Data Engineer Cedar Rapids, IA
Saige Partners is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join the team at one of our fast growing clients in the Cedar Rapids, IA area.
If you have a passion for real-time streaming data and messaging with the following experience, you are an excellent candidate for consideration!
- BS Degree in Computer Science desired
- 8+ years in Strong Microsoft SQL Server programming, application data modeling, data standardization, optimization, schema creation, and data templates
- 3+ years experience in Data Warehouse development, on-premise and/or cloud based ETL programs, loader programs.
- Exposure to NO-SQL, Data lakes
- Strong communication, documentation, managing delivery timelines, handle multiple projects and multitasking skills
- Experience building high-performance, and scalable distributed systems
- Experience in ETL and ELT workflow management
- Continuous Data Movement/ Streaming/ Messaging
- Experience using Kafka as a distributed messaging system
- Experience with Kafka producer and consumer APIs
- Understanding of event-based application patterns & streaming data
- Experience with related technologies such as Spark streaming or other message brokers like JMS or RabbitMQ
- Batch Data Movement ETL – DataStage experience is preferred, but more important is a deep knowledge of data integration concepts
- Experience in Big Data concepts, Python, Machine Learning and AI also a plus for future enhancements to data analytics