Embedded Software Engineer Cedar Rapids, IA
Saige Partners is looking for two Embedded SW Engineers for a long term contract opportunity for one of our clients who is a global leader in energy and automation products. The Embedded SW Engineer will be part of a multi-functional design environment with individual responsibility in the following areas:
- Expand and modify existing firmware to meet marketing requirements for GUIs and communication interfaces
- Performs development (coding and/or testing) of a part of an embedded software solution whose specification and architecture are defined.
- Effective use and adherence to Project Development and product evolution tools and process.
- Conduct firmware design reviews with peers to gain knowledge on the best practices.
- Post product launch responsibilities including customer support.
- Work with the formal verification team to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products.
- Must be able to work with 3rd party certification agencies such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Firmware development using Integrated Development Environment (IDEs) such as Android, Eclipse, Netbeans for example.
- Bachelors’ degree in electrical engineering, or related field from a 4-year University. Electrical Engineering Master’s degree or related engineering field is a plus.
- +5 years of experience working in a new software development or programming experience.
- Working experience with Zigbee, Bluetooth, or other communication protocols.
- Working experience with, C language for micro-controllers applications, and MATLAB.
- LabView and SQL programming experience is a plus.
- Be able to show at least one new software product development success as a team member and be able to articulate your role.
- Embedded Firmware Design application experience.
- Experience with micro-controller-based designs.
- Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized documentation and approval management environment)