Field Service Engineer II Des Moines, IA
Saige Partners is currently looking for a fulltime permanent IT Field Service Engineer to join the team of one of our clients in the Des Moines, IA area who is a disruptor in the building automation industry. This position for permanent hire situation as our client is very interested in finding the right fit both technically and culturally to help accelerate success and growth of their business.
Lead and manage multiple commissioning (Cx) projects from award through acceptance/occupancy while maintaining customer satisfaction, quality, schedule, and project budget. Must have the ability and desire to work in the field performing site visits, inspections, factory start-up of PoE systems and customer/partner training. Domestic US and international travel to customer sites, meetings, and project sites up to 75% of the time.
- Project Manage on-site installation, guidance, training, and troubleshooting of client software, third-party network equipment, and device wiring.
- Design and troubleshoot network configurations and architectures.
- Provide tier 2 support for customers and partners by answering and responding to support phone calls, text messages, and email.
- Test third-party IoT sensors, actuators, and light fixtures for compatibility with client device hardware and software.
- Collaborate and support on- and off-site with third-party vendors and contractors.
- Create and maintain computer operating system images for use with client software.
- Troubleshoot basic Windows PC and server issues.
- Record and document software, network, wiring, and troubleshooting issues when on-site for purposes of process improvement.
- Must be willing and eager to travel with little notice at times domestically and potentially abroad for short and extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Associate degree with an emphasis in electrical, networking, or technology, a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Experience with basic computer network design and IP configuration. IPv6 experience required. Cisco experience desired as well as PoE experience.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows PCs and Windows Server Administration skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Effective team player who can also work independently.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofreading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with control systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting Windows Server issues.
- Knowledge of construction projects.
- Customer training experience.
- Project management experience.
- Basic DC electrical knowledge.