Information Security Analyst Davenport, IA
Saige Partners has partnered up with one of our premier clients in the Quad Cities area who are looking for an experienced Security Analyst to join their team.
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for providing daily operational support and various Information Security services to the organization. This individual will also ensure that the organization adheres to compliance of applicable laws, regulations and compliance mandates for Information Security. This position will identify noncompliant or ineffective technological and non-technical Security processes and controls to help prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities. This position has no direct reports but may lead Information Security work efforts within the organization.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Review of security configurations or vulnerability scans
- Author and coordinate the development and maintenance of Security Policies, Standards and Procedures with structure, quality, and organization
- Communicate security concerns to the Data or Business owners
- Professional interactions with auditors or regulators, penetration testers, risk management, third party vendors and team members
- Promote Security Awareness within the organization
- Identify solutions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data, systems and files
The successful candidate should have following skills/qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Information Security, Computer Science OR similar field or equivalent work experience in IT audit information security or related field
- 3 years work experience in Information Technology, Information Security, Audit, Risk, and/or Compliance. Open to experience in other relevant fields (i.e., finance, business administration, information technology, etc.) as along as candidate can demonstrate appropriate technical competencies relevant to an Information Security based role.
- Experience with regulated/regulatory systems (GLBA, SOX, FFIEC, PCI-DSS) in the financial industry a plus.
- Experience as a subject matter expert (SME) in a technical discipline.
- General understanding of system hardening principles, malware, systems patching, endpoint protection techniques, virtual environments, backup systems, browser security, DNS, TCP/IP, MAC, ARP, NAT, ICMP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – experience in Audit/Compliance/Regulatory discussions and working with a wide variety of technical and business owners.
- Candidate should be working towards or have achieved one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCSP, GIAC-GSEC, GIAC-GISF, CompTIA Security+, Network+, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker),
- Demonstrated capacity to understand complex technical concepts, intellectual honesty, and independent thinking.