Lead Project Manager San Jose, CA
Saige Partners is looking for an Automotive Location Expert to be responsible for supporting our client’s Automotive GNSS project. You will be working closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include researching associated requirements, support creating test plans to ensure compliance, submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of said plans.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven automotive location experience and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. A Bachelor’s degree is required, and experience in GNSS product development is desirable. A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be a huge advantage.
You will be tasked with leading a R&D project to support the organization’s strategic direction. You will be required to work with local and international groups to successfully release innovative products.
- Lead R&D projects to successfully deliver new devices with client’s location technology which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and Lead internal requirements to provide a successful GNSS automotive solution
- Manage new device development projects from inception and feature specification through customer acceptance.
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Research and conform current process to match the automotive market
- Provide primary interface with customer regarding requirements, schedule, and technical issues.
- Track program technical issues and risks through to successful resolution.
- Ensure project goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, performance, quality and schedule.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and performance.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and design decisions.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- 25% Travel Required
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in engineering, business or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering project management.
- Extensive Experience in Location based Automotive Solutions
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Additionally, we look for the following universal qualities in all candidates:
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Previously Lead a Location Based Automotive Solution from Inception to Commercialization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player as part of a local and globally distributed team
- A self-driven engineer with good task execution skills to deliver high quality output in timely manner
- Strong mathematical and analytical abilities
- Solid communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with the continuous integration process and the use of GIT
- Ability to code python and C
- Good understanding of GNSS principles, from signal generation, transmission, reception, measurement construction and final position generation