Senior Software Engineer Des Moines, IA
Saige Partners is currently looking for a SR Firmware Engineer for one of clients in the Des Moines, IA area who is a leader in automotive in-vehicle IoT devices that make our roads safer to travel and saves lives. Our client offers a vibrant culture, great pay and benefits plus other incentives.
PLEASE NOTE CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO DES MOINES. CLIENT WILL TRANSFER AN H1B VISA. NO C2C OPTION.
This role is a critical member of a small technical team developing automotive products with an established nationwide footprint. The Firmware Engineer is primarily responsible for developing and supporting product firmware for our next generation of IoT appliances. Additional responsibilities including evolving our Windows UI test solutions and expanding automated test methodologies.
- Design and implement firmware on embedded processors in our custom designed solutions.
- Maintain and improve Windows based test tools.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Analyze designs to determine coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Prepare and create of instructional technical manuscripts for firmware operation.
- Mentor more junior engineers
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of low-level software development experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware.
- Automotive experience in Infotainment or similar technology highly desired.
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and bootloaders.
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS.
- Solid C and C# coding abilities with some exposure to assembly coding.
- Experience with digital hardware.
- Strong Linux and ARM processor experience.
- Experience with CANBUS and other communication protocols for automotive applications.
- Comfortable with electronics lab diagnostic equipment concepts and usage.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic electronics schematics.
- Knowledge of automotive control systems or digital hardware utilizing IoT technologies desirable.
- BS electrical or computer engineering or equivalent required.