Systems Engineer Cedar Rapids, IA
Saige Partners is currently seeking a System Engineer for one of our clients in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who is always learning; has demonstrated attention to detail and flexibility; can work well individually; works well with others; and is willing to become an expert in their area of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain requirements, designs, and test cases for complex systems with many components
- Create and maintain user or program documentation for complex systems
- Maintain traceability within project or program documentation
- Derive and maintain traceability among industry standards, customer requirements, and vendor documentation
- Review and evaluate internal, vendor, and subcontractor documentation, and provide appropriate feedback
- Design, execute, and oversee system testing
- Must be a US Citizen or Greencard holder. NO C2C contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Proficiency in requirement elicitation, requirement management, and traceability
- Proficiency in designing new systems
- Ability to stimulate innovative ideas and approaches to processes and opportunities
- Ability to analyze proposed changes for impact on an existing system or system design
- Ability to absorb complex requirements and propose an effective solution
- Ability to communicate and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to balance business, design, and technical constraints
- Willingness to explain technical decisions and work in an environment of continuous feedback
- Understanding of safety analysis a plus
- Proficiency or experience with UML modeling tools a plus
- Programming or scripting skills a plus
- Client offers a robust benefits package including medical and dental coverage.